Sunday, March 4, 2018

How Many Michaels

A quilt! A finished quilt!!!! Chunky churn dashes with a weirdly purple sashing and poorly chosen red cornerstones. When scrappy goes wrong.



My two inch strip bags are much emptier now, which is good, but I don't think I class this as one of my proudest quilt-related achievements. It is quilted in big feathers, which might have been overkill because you can hardly see them.



The back is using up more uglies from the stash.



It is called How Many Michaels after a song from the Able Tasmans, a peculiar NZ band from the 80s and 90s. Their Come In Spinner album is one of my all time favourites ... but I'm not sure if that's because it's one of the world's great albums or because it reminds me of a certain time in my life. I can never be objective about music, it's always associated with other things. In the early 90s I was working at the Wellington Public Library which had a wonderful collection of CDs that I could borrow and tape onto cassette. Which was probably completely illegal looking back, but I could never have afforded to buy them. Not as an impoverished student ... the tapes have long gone but Spotify has it all now. I love Spotify.

I will leave you with a photo of the dog looking almost intelligent. Like there is a light flickering behind her eyes and sending some sparks through her brain. There's not.



2 comments:

  1. Well, at least your dog can't produce quilts faster than I can. That scrappy quilt has a LOT of bits in it. It's very jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is the dog standing beside a vertical quilt that isn't (as far as I can see) the one in the blog post? Do you have quilts hanging all over your garden just because you can't fit them all in the house?

    ReplyDelete