Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Free man on Sunday


Here is me going back to scrap and solids for a bit. Very simple, just scrap blocks outside large purple squares. It is OK, but I had another idea half way through, and I think I like that one better, so I will try it and see what turns up. 


I  did different quilting in all the plain squares just for fun, and a straight line down the middle of the scraps. I called it "Free Man on Sunday" from the Manchester Rambler song - I may be a wage slave on Monday / But I am a free man on Sunday. And there is my life :)


The back is more random yardage as I diminish the stash! Going great guns.The quilting looks a bit prettier from this side...


1 comment:

  1. 150 years ago they had to kill millions of shellfish to get that colour and only the super rich could afford it. Now it's for quilts with the focus on the quilting and my toga shrieks a tiny protest.

    ReplyDelete