Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A plaid

When I did the sampler I really liked the green and black colours together, so I did a plaid scarf using them. I dyed the wools variegated, which gives more interest but muddies the effect of the plaid. I quite like it, but it might have been better with solid colours.



There is a website called plaidmaker.com, where you put in colours and fiddle around with numbers of threads and it shows you what the plaid would look like! Isn't that cool? And quite addictive.



I got a weaving book for christmas which has tricky lace weaves and other different stitches you can do even with just a rigid heddle like mine, so I am experimenting with that. Most of it is ridiculously time-consuming of course, but interesting!

1 comment:

  1. I like it too. But what are you going to do with all those scarves? (Mind you, what do you do with all those quilts?)

    ReplyDelete