Friday, October 7, 2016

Spring means Floriade

The weather the last couple of weeks has been unbelievably changeable - windy of course, but also rainy, sometimes hot, sometimes rainy and sometimes unbelievably cold - even snow on the hills last weekend. I am surprised by this every spring, because Canberra's weather is normally so settled and boring. And dry. But spring means one thing - Floriade! The festival of foreign flowers. We took advantage of a sunny afternoon.



Only number two son and I this time. We parked on the south side and walked over the bridge - laughing at the tourists trying to get into the actual Floriade parking. Forget it, suckers.



And there were tulips. Lots of tulips. And other flowers ... names escape me but they were very pretty. And some awesome art - hand crocheted apparently! Isn't it neat? I love the way that straight lines form such beautiful curves and funnels. There are more in the background. We made lots of jokes about scary giant spiders, then had fairy floss and donut honey puffs.



This is weird. I don't know what it is, and googling didn't help. It looks to me like a creepy unicorn skull. I thought that it was a bit grubby from being outside, but the dark bits are actually painted on, deliberately. Which makes it a giant inflatable disinterred unicorn skull. For kids to play in. That is strange, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment