Friday, May 8, 2015

Dishcloths

I enjoy knitting, but I'm pretty hopeless at it, and if I have to concentrate or follow a pattern it all goes horribly wrong. So a year or two ago a friend introduced me to the concept of dishcloths, and I have been happily knitting them ever since.



Nice cotton yarn, as big or as small as I feel like making them, moss stitch around the edges (except where I miscount and it turns into rib) and then when they're finished I can actually use them for mopping things up. And the cotton comes in lovely bright colours, which you can make in stripes as big or as little as you like. Awesome.



The other thing you can do is give them to people, who will generally be able to use them. Everyone wipes their kitchen benches, surely. But after dozens of the little buggers I'm over it, I think, at least for now. I might knit a scarf.



And here's a sad picture - the end of my great big fluffy batting roll! Thirty metres of 2.4m wide polyester batting, come to an end. I bought it in February last year, so there you go. I will have to order another one... so many quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on running your first 5K! Good luck shooting for an hour.

    I was like you. I played sports, but I was always against running since it just seemed like torture to me. But then, when I was 37 I decided to give it another try. I'm pretty slow, but I enjoy it. I ran two 5K's and did 2 mud runs, and I've gotten the competition thing out of my system. But, I still love to get outside and go for a nice slow run. It sounds like you do to.

    ReplyDelete