Monday, April 6, 2015

Not a modern quilter

I think the kaleidoscope quilt was too close to modern for my tastes, I now have a very strong urge to make something traditional. In brown. And not trendy brown; country-style thimbleberries calico homestead brown. I have made lots of dark brown and cream triangles, and then pulled out some mid-browns for the middles. I didn't think I'd have many ... but I did.



A mountain of deeply traditional mid-brown! I surprised myself because I don't remember buying any of them, although I must have. God only knows what they will look like all together, but I am finding this deeply satisfying. I think I will make a barrister's block, below, which is about as traditional as it gets, and is mostly chosen because I have never done it before, and it should lend itself nicely to scrappy. Or it might just be a big muddy mess.



1 comment:

  1. those fabrics just look relaxing to me. should make a real pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete