Sunday, February 1, 2015

On the up

It was just a cold, despite all my drama (swine flu! TB! leprosy!) and I'm feeling much better now after a few very quiet days. It was a vicious cold though - knocked me over - and then I was convinced I'd gone and heathledgered myself with the awesome over the counter US medicines I'd got in Guam ... I took a maximum dose of whatever seemed relevant to the symptoms and then had a turbulent few hours while the walls went in and out.  Stuck to paracetamol after that and all was fine. Luckily the weather has been cool and rainy and it hasn't been a hardship to sit inside and watch Hoarders on TV. I love Hoarders, it makes me feel so much better about the state of my cupboards.



I did even do some sewing yesterday, although not for very long. The scrappy solid round the world I'm making leaves me with random lengths of 3" strips, so I sorted them into colour and I'm making triangle sets from co-ordinating colours. Not sure why, but it's nice to make some triangles after the endless squares.



And the most other exciting thing that happened - and it's not very exciting at all, it's been a quiet week - was the installation of a dog door. We were a bit worried she wouldn't figure it out (not very bright, Mishka, in fact she's the cliche of a fluffy blonde) but she got the hang of it in the end. So now she can let herself in and out when we're at work.



She prefers to play fetch with sticks that are far too big for her. You throw it, and she chases after it, but you have to be quite careful in the throw because if it hit her it would do her a serious damage. Knock her brains out (if she had any, which is in doubt). But she loves it, so we do it.



I'm not sure if this photo adequately captures the cat's death stare. She is still outraged at the dog's mere existence. Mishka keeps a very wide radius whenever she can - but sometimes forgets and gets swiped. I do not see them becoming a cute youtube video any time soon.



2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are feeling better. yeah, you can over do it on some of those cold and flu meds. what you have to watch for if you are taking more than one is that they don't have the same ingredients hidden in them, where you would get double dosed. or ingredients that do the same thing and you don't know that they do...

    good use of those leftover strips! i love your hand dyed materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. Colds always knock me down a few pegs.

    Here's the secret behind most of the USA's cold medicines. They don't really work that well. I've found that a painkiller gives me the most improvement for the least amount of feeling dopey.

    ReplyDelete