Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Quilt pin-up day

Today I spent the morning pinning up quilts for the annual exhibition - always good fun as you get up close and personal with all the quilts without any crowds in the way, or anyone telling you not to touch!  I ended up not putting a quilt in this year - I fully intended to put in Coconut Ice, but I had left it to the last minute and then the week entries were due I had to go to Jakarta with 24 hours notice ...  I could have done it but the forms to fill out are a pain in the arse, and you have to put it a proper hard copy photo, which means a trip to the mall to get one printed.

So I decided not to bother and it was a huge relief! And I was in Tonga for drop-off day too, which would have been another pain. I wanted to enter one after all the fuss last year, I didn't want to seem like I was put off at all; but then I realised nobody either (a) remembers or (b) would notice what I did anyway! So it was lovely to go and pin the quilts up, and not be worried about mine being inadequate. Or banned.



See my birthday present? It's the tiny TV in the corner of my sewing table. I may never leave the sewing room again ... all the essentials are right there. I am using my old machine while my new one is being serviced and it's so SLOW. It's still a good machine and I'm getting used to it again but it just feels like dawdling. Never mind.



And to add to the glamour of my existence we defrosted the spare freezer that lives in the shed on the weekend. The seal had gone so it was full of ice and buried food. Yes, that is a chisel, I had to chisel the frozens out, wearing ski gloves. I tell you, The Fun Never Stops.

3 comments:

  1. i hate defrosting the freezer. not to mention throwing out food that was buried in the bottom of it from the last decade...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have remarked before, the splendour of your life never ceases to amaze me. We ourselves have just returned from York. Hardly at all like Tonga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are missing at least one 'essential' in your sewing spot - where is the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete