Thursday, May 2, 2013

So many rows

I've been sewing and sewing and sewing, but there is nothing to show for it! All my blocks are being sewn together, then into rows, and I think every single row I managed to get the setting triangles the wrong way up. Or the blocks chaining the wrong way. One time I was just about in tears thinking I had done two fewer blocks than I needed and I couldn't find them ANYWHERE ... turns out I was sitting on them. I saw them as soon as I got up. I am nearly there but no photos to show yet.

So I will fill in with .... shoes!!! We are really reaching the furthermost reaches of the wardrobe now. First up are these red velvet numbers. I like these shoes - I bought them in NZ in 2007. I was there for less than 48 hours for a conference and managed to buy four pairs of shoes. They are comfortable and sparkly so obviously cannot be disposed of.



And these are even more historical - I bought them specially for my admission to the bar in 1996!! The height of fashion then, and absolutely not so now, but still wearable. Or am I deluded? Am I turning into an old lady that wears anything as long as it's still got some wear in it? Do let me know.

2 comments:

  1. you are not an old lady! just hang on to those black shoes - they will come back in fashion eventually. those red ones are sparkly and pretty.

    i know what you mean about feeling like you aren't getting anywhere on your quilt. yesterday i sewed for half an hour then ripped for two hours everything i had just sewn and it still isn't all ripped out! ugh!

    thought of you while at hancocks in paducah! and would you believe we actually met people from australia at the show? wow, now that's a road trip and a half... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the person to ask. I am that old lady.

    ReplyDelete