Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another little foray

I had a bash at fusing a quilt on the weekend - well, not really a quilt, just a little test piece. I do love Melody Johnson's fused quilts and I've always been intrigued by the technique. There is no piecing at all - you use fusible webbing to make lots of sticky-backed fabric and then you cut out shapes and iron them together in a way that makes you happy. And pull the whole thing together with dense machine quilting.



This is my first trial - it was interesting to do, and it's quite pretty in a small and shaggy way. As you can see I didn't bother with immaculate finishing (when do I ever?). It's only about six inches square and I'm not going to bind it or anything. But I am thinking of doing another exhibition entry using this style, although I'm not sure if it will work. A fun way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment