Saturday, February 2, 2013

Why I don't think I have a stash problem

There tends to be a lot of hand wringing on the internet by crazy women who are worried that they have too much fabric. What does that mean exactly, too much fabric? Too much for what? Either it fits in your house, and you don't have a problem, or it doesn't fit in your house, and you need to throw it away. Anyway, there is much discussion of the stash and how to manage the stash and reduce the stash and sort the stash.

I don't worry about my stash for two main reasons. Firstly, I don't have that much. Maybe a hundred yards? Not much more. It can fit in the sewing room, let alone leaking out into the rest of the house. But secondly, and more importantly, my husband has the biggest collection of model aeroplane kits you can imagine. It is astonishing. He says it's nothing compared to some of the guys at his modeller's club but that doesn't make it any better. He has hundreds and hundreds.


This is his room - it doesn't normally look like this but he was hauling everything out to see what he could flog at the club swap and sell. I hope it will be all of it - but realistically I just hope he comes back with less than he went with. Not guaranteed.


This is the overspill into the hallway. A model aeroplane mini-mountain. I don't mind really - we are hardly being bankrupted by it and it's a much better use of his time than binge drinking or internet gambling. But it is nice to have the unassailable moral high ground ... on one thing at least.

1 comment: