Friday, November 23, 2012

Off his oats

Number one son is off his oats today - a bit of a bug perhaps. Do you like my medical expertise, yay for Doctor Mum. Either the kids have a bit of a bug, or they're just tired out, or I might stretch to diagnosing an upset tummy. And that covers the whole range of childhood ailments. I give them paracetamol regardless and test temperature with the back of the hand to the forehead (two options - "seems fine" or "a bit warm"). So today, which was going to be crazy busy with all the chores and running around that had been building up in my absence, is now rather delightfully housebound. Here's the invalid somewhere under the bundle of quilts. It's thirty degrees out there, I'm not sure if he needs all those layers.


I'm still going with the moths in the windows. I'm going to do 64, and I've made 34, and I've figured out it takes me 35 minutes to make a pair, so that means it'll take me, um, 15 x 35 / 60 = 8.75 hours to make all the rest of the blocks! That's OK. And then I think I might quilt them as I go and join them at the same time. Which will take forever.

1 comment:

  1. Well, goodness. How do you have time to do all that?

    Hope the son is feeling better.

    30 degrees sounds hot. Is hot. Is much hotter than here, even in summer.

    ReplyDelete