Monday, December 12, 2011

Rain of terror

I haven't been doing a lot of sewing lately - a combination of Christmas festivities, work and a good book means I've had better things to do than go into the sewing room. I did tidy my dyed fabric though. And took a picture of the shelves.


We had an absolute downpour last night - torrentially heavy rain that the stormwater drain at the top of our driveway completely failed to cope with. So we had to stand and mop and form a little barrier of towels to stop it cascading into our front door - which worked - but then the groundswell came up and into the laundry, hallway and fifteen feet of carpet in the loungeroom. The carpet already needs replacing but it's very damp and dismal and smelly today! I'm doing dozens of loads of towels, with all the heaters and fans on. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. your dyed fabric looks very nice. someday i'm going to have to try my hand at dying.

    sorry to hear about the water ruining your carpet. that's nasty business. yuck. even if it needed replacing, you didn't want anything to force you into replacing it right now.

    ReplyDelete