Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pinned up pineapple blossom

I'm able to stretch and bend and pin quilts up now - yay - so there is a backlog waiting my attention. First up is the pineapple blossom. I went with two different red borders with the offcut triangles in between. I like the red because it's warm and happy like the rest of the quilt.


This is being held up by two helpers who weren't really in the mood for it. I just took the photo as quick as I could! I've started hand quilting it in big-stitch clamshells with a dark cream perle cotton. Anything more subtle would just get lost I think. I took it to quilters' daytime meeting today and happily sewed away. I hadn't been for months and it was lovely.

3 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful quilt! glad you are feeling better and were able to get out today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is looking fantastic. Glad you are able to go back your quilter's meetings. It is fun to just sew and chat and not worry about anything else!!

    ReplyDelete