Sunday, September 25, 2011

More scraps

I must be feeling better - the work team is off to Tonga tomorrow and I'm jealous! For the last few months the thought of hopping in a plane to somewhere hot has made me shudder, but I'm beginning to think that I might be able to cope with it again some day soon! Bring it on. But in the meantime, I'm in the sewing room and strangely drawn to the scraps bins ... not stopping at just the 16-patches. In a fit of something unknown I trimmed out a pile of 2" strips from the teeny tiny scraps bin then went looking for something to do with them.

Not that I had to look very far; just over to Bonnie and see what magical things she suggests for 2" scraps. I didn't want to do anything too fancy so went with this block below, Pineapple Blossom. I like the setting she shows with 2" squares and sashing, so will put it together like that when I get them done ... assuming enthusiasm still lasts. But it's a lovely block to put together and looks far more complex than it is.


I like the yellow, it gives it a bit of zing. This is one of my hand-dyes. I think this shows another Bonnie influence - cheddar! Or at least she calls it cheddar. It's a bit like the colour mushroom, I've never actually seen a mushroom that colour. Or peach, come to think of it. In the interests of science (I say that quite a lot, considering how unscientific I am) I took a photo of both the fabric, and some actual cheddar. Quite different.



2 comments:

  1. I like your scientific proof that cheddar cheese is not cheddar colour. Maybe it is very "ripe" cheddar cheese the colour refers to. Your pineapple block is gorgeous, especially with the "cheddar" accents. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete