Saturday, January 29, 2011

An old one

We've just had another week at the beach - no sewing as usual, just surfing, sitting, drinking beer and doing 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle!!! I took a photo, which is pretty sad, but it was the most I accomplished all week.


Here's an old one to show some quilting photos - I did this in 2005 I think, when I was just starting machine quilting. I wanted to do something reasonably complicated, so carefully marked in the cables and feathers with pencil and tried to stick to the lines! With limited success, I haven't done that again - now it's freehand or nothing.


It looks OK I suppose - but what on earth can you do with it? It's too white and stiff to be useful for a baby, and far too small for a bed. It has been folded up in the cupboard-where-quilts-go ever since.



No comments:

Post a Comment