Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something different today

Well, spring is fully here and summer is on its way, so I start thinking about pretty clothes to wear. Now I love shopping as much as the next person (if the next person INSANELY loves shopping and can do it all day and the next day and the day after that) but even I faltered during my recent search for a pretty swishy summer skirt. Too short, too flimsy, too long, too lairy. So I sewed one for myself, and it turned out fine.


I can't believe I used to make all my clothes. Every single damn thing except t-shirts. It made sense when I was an impoverished student I guess, and then living in PNG where there was no shopping (the horror!), but it seems so alien to me now. I have boxes of paper patterns that I can't bear to give away.


On the odd occasion though, it still comes in handy. Nearly warm enough for the peep toe shoes!!! And, of course, childbearing hips never go out of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment