Thursday, May 20, 2010

Off to a quilting retreat

This weekend I'm going to do something I've never done before and go away for the weekend with a quilting retreat! It's being organised by the mother-in-law of a friend of mine, so I'm going with my friend, largely for moral support I think. I won't know anyone else there, and I have no idea what it's going to be like. I am generally more of a luxury traveller, and it's at a camp-type thing, so I'm a bit nervous, but it's only for a weekend.... and I won't have the kids! So it has to be, at least, more peaceful than home. And I suspect I've packed enough projects to last me two months, not two days - is that normal?
My husband is being very good about looking after the boys all weekend on his own - they've planned a pizza evening on Saturday with some other blokes big and small. And of course it is the ACT Scale Modellers annual exhibition and competition - my husband also has a tragic hobby, just like me. Not sure what he's entering this year, but it can't beat his millenium falcon!

No comments:

Post a Comment